We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy rights of our users.
Types of Information Collected Online
Identifor does collect some personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") in order to provide the Services to help identify the abilities, skills and interests of our users. The choice regarding how much personally identifiable information you disclose is completely at your discretion. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain of the Site’s Services.
Information collected at account creation. Players wishing to play games beyond a certain difficult level or parents/educators/professional wishing to register children must create an account at Identifor’s Website(s) in a process that does request some personally identifiable information.
- The registration process will ask all individuals for their first name, last names, date of birth, gender and email address. Parents/educators/professionals will also be asked for address as part of the registration process. This information is used to allow compliance with the privacy of children under 13 (see the “Special Note about Children’s Privacy” section below) and when children become adults.
- Parents/educators/professionals wishing to register minor children will also be asked additional information about the child, including any clinical diagnoses the child may have (e.g., autism, ADHD, etc.), communications or motor challenges, etc.
- Information Collected Through Traffic Monitoring. Like many other websites, Identifor website(s) are equipped with a program that monitors site traffic. It automatically records every visitor's host, domain name, pages visited, length of user session, browser type and/or IP address. This program tracks the number of times the site(s) are visited, how many visitors come to the site(s), which parts of the site(s) are frequented, and the length of time of each visit. This information does not contain personally identifiable information and is used to evaluate areas of interest and to improve the website(s).
- Information collected during game play. In addition to the information you provide to us, our Website(s) and apps will also automatically collect and store information about a user accesses and performance using our Website(s) and games. For example, we collect and store data about the games you play and your performance in those games. We may also collect and store information such as your browser type, IP address, language, operating system, unique device identifier, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you view. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, and a lot of data on a player’s actions while playing our games. We use this information calculate your abilities, skills and interest as presented in our Dashboard.
- Information collected by our surveys. If you choose to use our survey tools to collect information and input from others, survey responses are collected and stored to allow the creation of survey reports
- Information collected if you use our Companion app. If you choose to you use Companion to assist with various daily tasks such as reminders and navigation support, we collect information required to provide the support you seek (e.g., home, work or school address to enable navigation directions to those places, time and place of various activities to remind you of the activities, etc.).
As a general rule, we do not share or sell your data with any third party. We only collect and store your data to enable the creation of reports for you and to enable the services you seek from our tools. See the “How information is used” section below for more detail on how we use the data we collect.
You can delete your account any time by calling Customer Service toll-free at (866) 557-9619.
Special Note about Children’s Privacy
COPPA is an abbreviation for the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) that was enacted by Congress in 1998 and required the Federal Trade Commission to issue and enforce regulations concerning children's online privacy. The amended Rule became effective on July 1, 2013. The primary goal of COPPA is to protect children's privacy online (and at the same time on mobile devices). Identifor complies with COPPA and the associated FTC regulations. COPPA requires that web site operators who may collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13, must request verifiable parental consent.
- When children under the age of 13 attempt to register on the Identifor site, they are directed to a webpage requesting their first and last names, their date of birth, e-mail address, username and password. In addition, they must provide a parent’s e-mail address so that Identifor can e-mail directly the parent to obtain consent for their child to register at Identifor and play our games.
- The parent may also register on the Identifor website to obtain access to their child’s personal information
- The parent/guardian may deactivate or cancel their child’s registration at any time by e-mailing Identifor at email@example.com or calling Customer Service toll-free at (866) 557-9619.
- Identifor retains personal information collected online from a child for only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and delete the information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorized access or use.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
You can access, review and correct the registration and demographic information we have collected about you by logging into your account and navigating to the Profile page. You may also access or delete the information all of the information we have collected about you by contacting us at the contact information listed below. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your requests, if allowed by applicable laws, we reserve the right to impose certain requirements and restrictions on such requests, such as limiting our production of information to certain formats.
You can change or delete your personally identifiable information in any of these ways:
- Sign in to your Identifor account and go to your profile page
- Call Customer Service toll-free at (866) 557-9619, or
Attention: Customer Service
88 East Main Street, #514
Mendham, NJ 07945.
Please be aware that Identifor game scores are not deleted simply by closing an account. All game scores remain on file with us, indefinitely. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your personal information. For example, we use one or more of SSL encryption, firewalls, and anti-virus software. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure, and we therefore cannot guarantee absolute security.
If you access Identifor outside of the United States, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in the United States.
How information is used
We respect your privacy. Except as described in this privacy statement, your information collected on the Identifor website(s) will not be sold, rented, or loaned to third parties. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website(s).
Information collected during the account registration and game play may be used to:
- Authenticate your login and processing your payments;
- Verify your identity for customer service calls and send confirmations about your account;
- Allow you to review the abilities, skills and interest of yourself and/or your child(ren) as inferred from playing Identifor games. For example, charts and graphs of your performance or that of your child(ren) could be presented to you on a dashboard page;
- Identify, develop, and offer products and services that help in the transition from high school to vocational, college, residential and other opportunities;
- Customize and/or personalize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual user;
- Pre-fill registration and profile pages with stored personal information;
- Fulfill online purchase requests or other transactions performed on the site(s). Personally identifiable information is shared with the relevant supplier or selected vendor so that they can complete purchases or transactions;
- Improve Identifor and its products, offerings, and services. Typically, this information is collected from email surveys and online polls;
- Conduct research and generate statistical studies related to our professional work, either by ourselves or in collaboration with third party research collaborators such as academic and research institutions.
In support of operating, hosting, and enhancing our website(s), personally identifiable information may be accessed by contractors who assist with programming and technical aspects of website operation. All contractors adhere to Identifor’s confidentiality and privacy conditions.
You can opt out of receiving most emails by navigating to your Email Notifications page, but we reserve the right to email you to confirm transactions or to address account issues, such as when you make a purchase, or you request a reset password.
We also reserve the right to use non-personal information (e.g., de-identified or aggregate data) for any purpose. For example, we show aggregate performance measures to users to allow them to evaluate their performance against other Identifor users. Also, as Identifor collects and assesses data from games played and individuals’ performances, we may disclose performance statistics to our collaborators to evaluate, study, and improve the effectiveness of our programs and strengthen our capacity to serve users even more comprehensively. In these situations, all data is disclosed either in aggregate form or with information that can identify you removed. In addition, when we work with our collaborators, we contractually prohibit them from attempting to re-identify individuals from data that has been de- identified.
We also use the information to manage and improve our Site, our games and our training. We may use your information, in aggregate form and in collaboration with outside researchers, to measure and quantify the effectiveness of our program. In our research, all the data is used in aggregate form or with your personal information removed. At no point will you be personally identifiable.
The Site may contain features, e.g. blogs, chat rooms, etc., that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other, including personal information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which we are unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
Suppliers and Selected Vendors
We maintain relationships with outside service providers for some of the services offered through our site(s). We believe in protecting your privacy, and therefore do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates, such as entities under common ownership or control.
- Compliance with law and law enforcement requests, and protection of our rights. We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal mechanism. We may also disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure may prevent fraud and abuse of Identifor or its users or protect our property rights.
- Consent. We may disclose your information when we believe we have your consent to do so, such as when you contact customer service and ask us about your account, or when we have the consent of someone we believe is authorized to consent on behalf of you, such as the individual associated with the payment method for your account. If you have expressly agreed to participate in a research study with us or with a third party that incorporates your personal information collected by Identifor, we also may disclose your information for the purpose of facilitating the research to which you have consented.
The Site may contain links to third party websites. The Company neither owns nor controls these third-party websites and accordingly assumes no responsibility for the information practices of those websites. You should inform yourself with the privacy policies (if any) of those third-party websites
Communication Options from the Website(s)
We communicate electronically with our users through two types of emails: mandatory system- generated emails and optional emails. System-generated emails are a direct response to a user's action on the site(s). Examples include: confirmation of account registration, username and password reminders, confirmation of subscriptions and purchases. Optional emails are selected by the user based on specific services chosen. Examples include product promotions, newsletters, and surveys.
You always have the choice not to receive optional email or other means of communication from the Identifor website(s). We respect your privacy and realize that not everyone likes to receive special offers or information. You have the ability, upon registering at the site(s), to opt out from receiving elective communications. Even if you initially choose to receive such email or communications, you later may request removal from our lists.
We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of information from your computer to our servers. You must have a secure browser — one that supports secure transmission of data across the Internet — to purchase items on the Identifor website(s). For more information, use your browser's Help feature.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. For example, we use one or more of SSL encryption, firewalls and self-updating anti-virus software. When sensitive information such as credit card or social security numbers is transmitted, we use industry standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
Your Identifor website password is protected so that only you can access it and view the member information relevant to the account. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. No one at Identifor will ever ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any
Our third party partners may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers' or Users' personal information.
Social Media Widgets
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact our Customer Service Department
Contacts for More Information
If you have questions, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at:
88 East Main Street, #514
Mendham, NJ 07945
Attention: Customer Service